When my mother visits, I pull every recipe out of my archives that qualifies as low-carb. I can always do a green salad, but sometimes I crave (we all crave) a salad with a little more oomph. That's why I love this cucumber salad with big Greek flavors: feta cheese, dill, Kalamata olives, lemon. English or Persian cucumbers keep their skins and thus don't wilt much, so the salad has a great crunch, too.
I'll often serve this salad with or on top of chicken breasts which I've sliced thinly, marinated in a little lemon juice and olive oil, and grilled quickly over high heat. Can't ask for a better low-carb dinner than that.
Greek cucumber salad with feta and dill
- 1 English cucumber (or 3 small Persian cucumbers), diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch dill, chopped
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- zest and juice of one large lemon
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- freshly ground black pepper