Eureka! I have found the magical combination of green fruits and vegetables that makes a light, refreshing, ultra-drinkable green smoothie.
This is a summer smoothie, as honeydew melon is hard to find at other times of year. Take advantage of melon season and whip this one up when you need to cool down.
My husband is fond of all my green smoothies (as long as I skip both avocado and banana - he doesn't like creamy smoothies), but he agrees that this combination is something special.
Summer green smoothie with honeydew melon
A light, refreshing green smoothie to start a summer's day off right.
- 1/2 honeydew melon, seeded, rind removed, cut into chunks
- 1 Bartlett pear, cored, skin on, cut into chunks
- 1 cucumber, skin on, cut into chunks
- 1 lime, skin cut off (use whole fruit minus skin)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 Tbsp honey (optional - if the melon and pear are very ripe, you won't need this)
Put all ingredients in blender. Process on high until smooth. If texture is too thick, add a bit of water and blend again. Serve immediately.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 4-6 servings