|A happy Erika in her kitchen during Trufflepalooza 2012 (photo: B&G Photography)|
Trufflepalooza 2012 has come and gone. It was glorious, and crowded, and a heck of a lot of work. And one of my favorite days of the year. Don't I look joyful in this picture? I really had a good time pushing out 20 different truffle-laced dishes for 150 people.
(Wondering what that black thing is on my right ear? It's my Bluetooth headset - I was afraid I wouldn't hear the phone if people got lost and called for directions. Practical, not so photogenic.)
I kept the menu under wraps before the party, but I'm glad to share it with you now. I'll be posting some of these recipes in the weeks to come, so stay tuned.
Trufflepalooza 2012: The menu
On the table
- Truffled egg salad tea sandwiches
- Caciotta truffle cheese chips
- "Emery's salad" with truffle vinaigrette and pancetta
- Creamy mushroom soup with truffles
- Radish and truffle butter tartines
- Truffled avocado mousse
- Roasted figs with goat cheese and truffle honey
- Truffled tacos 2 ways (Pacific rockfish/radish slaw & short ribs/pickled shallots)
- Truffled shrimp and pork shu mai dumplings
- Melted leeks with ricotta and truffles
- Truffled white bean puree in cucumber cups
- Truffled yellowtail tartare
- Tiny truffled Hasselback potatoes
- Truffled duck confit crepes
- Filet mignon sandwiches with homemade truffle butter
- Truffle-infused Brie with pluots and truffle honey
I had a lot of help in the kitchen during the party and in the days before. I wouldn't have been able to feed all those people without my friends and family: Amy, Tony, Andrew, Cathy, Jeff, Jennifer, Kim, Amanda, Patricia, Dorothy, Emery, Weston, my mom Sue, my husband Michael. If you belong on this list and I left you off, let me know and please forgive my early-onset senility.
Some amazing companies donated important ingredients for Trufflepalooza 2012. Thanks to Melissa's Produce (potatoes and shallots), California Avocados Direct (avocados, clearly), Jade Asian Greens (pea sprouts). And a very special thanks to Sabatino Tartufi, which provided the fresh truffles, truffle oil, truffle vinegar, truffle honey, and truffle salt. I've tried a lot of truffle products and I love theirs most of all.
Now the countdown begins: Only 361 days until Trufflepalooza 2013....